Thursday, February 04, 2016

Visaaranai - Preview.

I had some mild hope that at least in one theatre Visaranai would find a show here in Pune. But sadly, it failed to get even a single show. Literally, it was a heart-breaking moment for a cinephile and Vetrimaran fan like me. A movie which was premiered in major film festivals, got an Amnesty Award in Venice Film Festival but not released here is something I couldn't digest. This is the first Vetrimaran movie I think I'm going to miss it in Theatres. In fact, even in Tamilnadu, Visaranai didn't get many screens in multiplexes, compared to Bangalore Naatkal, Aranmanai-2. All I can hope for now is to wait for an Original DVD with director's cut. And for the guys who are in the cities having Visaranai released in theatres, don't miss it.


And, coming to numerous appreciations, the film got, I consider Priyadarshan and Mani's as genuine of all. This is the first time I am seeing Priyadarshan's speech; I liked his to-the-point comment without a bit of exaggeration.



Mani's comment: Vetri is a COMPLETE director. The word COMPLETE signifies a lot for a director. Although many in the industry carry the tag as a director it doesn't mean they are all directors. Cinema being a Visual Medium solely relies on the director for the execution of the script. Converting a script into an effective film is a heavily taxing task that only a few directors do that like Vetrimaaran. His execution and brilliant film language show enough in his two films - Polladhavan and Aadukalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive