Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Oh Unnale Naan Penaane... Mano at his very best & Nilave Nee Vara Vendum - A Moonlight Sonata in Classical Guitar.

After years, I came back to this mellifluous song. I first heard this song in one of my relative's marriage which was held in Valliyoor way back before 25 years. Then, being a school boy, I didn't pay much attention to the song. Besides this, I have a clear memory of another song too - Muthamma Muthu Muthu Muthalamma.. from the movie Thanthuvitten Ennai. Again, yesterday, when I listened to this Oh Unnale Naan Pennaane... the song had a profound impact on me which made me listen continously for few hours.

This is one of the Ilaiyaraaaja songs with a subtle orchestration and mild rhythms. However, the very melodic tune and Mano's heavenly vocal(the way, Mano starts Thedatha Neram illaye... haunts us) have put the song on the pedestal.



Yet another rare gem from En Arugil Nee Irundhal. One of the heavenly preludes ever composed by Ilaiyaraaja - lilting Classical guitar woven with another Guitar to form a Counterpoint and this magic continues in both the interludes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive