Monday, February 08, 2016

Ey Sandakkara and India's Foreign Policy.

Since morning, I've listened to Ey Sandakara over 20 times and still it's irresistible. This man-Santhosh Narayanan, impresses almost in every movie with his avant-garde compositions. To quote some of his best strengths : they don't come in the usual 1 Pallavi and 2 Charanams structure and sound completely fresh amidst run-of-the-mill songs. His love with Jazz is evident in his Jazz-soaked numbers. I was stunned by the brilliant Jazz Song which he had used in the Local Bar sequence in Soodhu Kavvum. It was striking to have that kind of Jazz number in a Local Bar ambience. The first love with Santhosh Narayanan songs happened the day I heard the Aasai yoer pulveli. The beautiful Guitar strumming and a fresh feel in the song(which I couldn't have in others) surprised me.





                                                                  **************

Presently, reading Shashi Tharoor's Pax Indica. I bought this one with much excitement, as I loved his previous books : The Elephant, The Tiger and the Cellphone and Nehru: The Invention of India. But unfortunately this one isn't up to the mark. Till now, I have completed 105 Pages (with 250+ pages to go) at snail's pace and I don't know how long it would take to complete the full book. This book deals with India's Foreign Policy - How was it till now but mostly gives suggestions how it should be in in the Globalised World so that it could transform India Politically, Economically and Culturally. There's a big chapter specifically devoted to Pakistan. But he keeps saying the same point over and over as we get bored before we could come to the end of the chapter. I wish the book would have been editing better by cutting short repetitive pages.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive